Some time ago I’ve purchased RPi2 and built my first smart home server (powered by Pimatic). Everything is good with this solution but currently I need more:
- More memory.
- More CPU performance.
- Fast internal storage (eMMC preferable).
- Backup battery.
- All wireless interfaces (Wi-fi, Bluetooth).
So, I’ve researched on the web and selected an alternative (Banana Pi M2 Ultra). It contains all necessary features:
- RAM: 2GB.
- CPU: 4 cores Allwinner R40.
- eMMC: 8 GB (really, I love it).
- Build-it battery interface.
- Many more hardware things.
BUT it does not include the most important thing :). The manufacturer provides very limited support for this product. A community is rather small and you may not find a solution for your problems.